Sunday, July 29, 2012

Adriano Zumbo's Light & Luxurious Chocolate Cake for Dad's Birthday

Wow. 440grams of butter in the icing....can I say anything else?
Nanny helped by icing it for me - God bless her.

15 kinds of delicious seriously. I only made one level, and glad too as the icing was so rich.
The cake was super moist and amazing.

I decorated it with shavings of white and milk chocolate. The recipe called for 500grams (!!!) of chocolate to decorate on top of the icing...even I a hopeless addict did not know how to pile 1/2 a kilo on....so this was my own interpretation!

The mixture was super super runny and I was so worried! Also, the recipe did not provide a temperature to cook the cake at. I had pre-heated the oven to 180degreees celcius, but when I saw it was runny...I lowered the temp to 150 degrees to cook it slowly and it came out absolutely perfectly.

1 comment: