Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Irish Soda Bread

I am still on the quest for the soda bread I have had back in Ireland...still not found the recipe. This isn't it but an easy recipe all the same with a delicious bread!

You can check out the how-to here: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/13469/irish+soda+bread





Bardy's Baking Note:

I used atta flour (because that was the only wholemeal flour I had in the cupboard!) but had no issue with the rising of the bread. Tasted delicious, quite dense as this type of bread often is. Remember to keep wrapped up in cupboard or freezer - don't put bread in the fridge! Dries it out.
Yum best served with butter and a cup of tea!

3 comments:

  1. Nothing like the smell of freshly baked bread! I am salivating even thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it was so yum, Anonymous! I will have to bake you some = )

      Delete
  2. With truffle please!

    ReplyDelete